Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sun 29th,30th June - Iquitos

Sun 29th, flight leaves at 10.55 from Cusco. On the journey to the Airport, Cousin Willy stops at a store where I can buy a hip bag - as somewhere to keep my valuables safe.

Then, at the airport, after checking in, I go buy some breakfast, and some cheese for my journey... Returning to the airport I bump into Billie, who's on her way to Porta Maldonado, the Jungle, but in another direction. We get chatting, and I also meet her artist friend, who insists I look him up upon my return to Cusco.

We chat some more in the waiting lounge, I again share my insights, and learn of Billies, before I have to head off.

I get my flight to Lima, and then to Iquitos, and before I know it, I'm there... it's so hot!

I check into the Hotel Internacionale, and spend the night resting.

Mon 30th June The next day, I spend the better part of the day lazing around the room, watching movies in English with spanish subtitles. Deciding to get something to eat, I eventually get to the Tourist office, and get directions for local transport. I decide tomorrow I have to leave, cos the heat is sweltering hot, and it's pointless walking around Iquitos. Not least because of the noise of all the motor taxis!

That evening, I get my stuff together, and decide that in the morning I leave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home