Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tues June 21 - Wed June 22

Tues June 21 - Get back to Inti Ayllu, after a long night, and ready to fall asleep.
Wake up to find that it's afternoon.
In the evening, a whole group of Americans turn up unexpected. Martin and I get moved into the same room so that everyone can be accomodated.
Go shopping for food with Barry from the group... we turn out having a lot in common.
We end up cooking the food we bought, whilst the rest of the group is in Qorikancha, in ceremony. I manage to get the fire going... though with help and guidance from Carmen.

Tomorrow the group leaves for Aguas Calientes, the entrance to Macchu Picchu, and because I want to talk with Barry more, I decide I'll go with them to the station, and if I can go, I'll go with them.

Wed June 22 - Travelling to the train station, I realise I don't have enough money to pay for everything... but I decide to 'trust' and see what happens. As the americans are queueing up for the train, I try to buy a ticket, but find it way too expensive. Ready to leave them there - I get asked how much extra do I need to come? I end up being given money from each person, and with the combined total I have enough to buy a ticket there! They get on their train, and the Peruvian guides help me buy a ticket, and then get on their train, with me travelling on the train after them. Turns out there was a group of protestors on the tracks, and I arrive in Aguas Calientes just a short while after everyone else - even though their train had left Ollantaytambo over an hour before mine! I took it as a good sign for my choice of travelling. In Aguas Calientes, I end up with a hotel room sharing with Don Juan the Q'ero Shaman, and Vidal, the local Shaman, and decide to hold off returning to Cusco for tomorrow, as planned - so that I can spend a whole day at Macchu Picchu tomorrow - and in the evening I just go to the hot water baths, where everyone in their swimming costumes gets to clean themselves, and just relax in the open air, facing a mountain range, and the river that feeds the baths we bathe in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home