Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Mon 13 Jun - A Baby is born

5 am - Puma's son was born!

When I wake up, I find out that Puma's at the hospital with Edy (Edith his wife:), and that the baby was born that morning!

Thinking back, I realised it's an interesting choice of time for the baby... since it was literally only hours after I had found my 'destination' in the jungle, and it was only two days before Puma was heading off to Canada...

And to be there the day that the baby was born was reminiscent of the words of Elisabet, of becoming the godfather...

A short while after waking up, Puma returns to the house to collect supplies, and I tag along on the ride to the hospital. Unforunately, visitors aren't allowed in, until after 1pm, and so upon leaving Edy some Caldo (A soup for people who are ill, or need to recover their strength!) I get dropped off downtown, whilst the others head back to the house.

As I wonder the streets looking for an internet cafe, I hear bollywood music playing, and upon inspecting further, I discover that it's an indian style vegetarian restaurant, fronted by a shop selling mainly indian clothes. Upon asking, they happen to also stock Bollywood music, and DVD´s. So I end up after spending close to an hour to listening to a whole bunch of cd's, buying some bollywood music, and a DVD of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, as a gift for Puma and Edy, for their new born...

Then I head off to the hospital, after a good few hours on the Internet, updating this blog...

Get to hold the little-un, and I'm reminded of my own niece Naba being born, and holding her the afternoon after she was born too... Reminds me of how special babies are...

Sometime later, perhaps even a few days later, I'm telling my story to Puma's mom, and she suggests maybe the baby wanted me to be there when he was born... I give up trying to know anything for sure anymore.. anything's possible in this crazy world huh?

After the hospital, we go to get some supplies, and I get to buy a whole bunch of outfits, and blankets for the baby... my gifts to the baby! Now I just need to find the perfect cuddly toy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home