Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Wed 1 June - Happy Anniversary to my folks!

Wake up as Puma is ready to go to town. Alex brings me breakfast and bread in bed. So I spend some time wondering what to do. Spend a bit of time writing up my diary, and in doing so Alex is ever curious as to the diary. I end up learning the days of the week, and the months of the year from May to Sept in Spanish. Go into town to phone home and wish em Happy Anniversary. End up on Internet , finding a few more places to connect with. Back at house decide to go to Lima with Puma by Bus half an hour before Puma's about to leave. Pack my stuff, and just go to the bus station. Get assigned seat number 27, the day of my birthday, so figure it makes a good sign! I end up feeling really ill on the bus, and within 4 hours, I'm in the toilet, letting everything out... after a half hour in the toilet without water or paper, I find a queue of people waiting for the toilet. I was so lucky that I had some tissue paper in my pocket, otherwise, I don't know what I would have done... Starting to learn the local norms, which include carrying your own toilet paper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home