Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tues 24 May - Travelling to Oyllantaytambo

Got buses from Pisaq via Urubamba to Oyllantaytambo. A most beautiful sacred site. Checked into Hostel La Nusta (the name of the female Mountain spirits in Quechua). Had lunch in the market place and started buying bits and pieces for a mesa(the sacred bundle also known as a medicine bundle).
Upon being in the right place I found 3 stones to work with. I also washed them, prayed my thanks, and wrapped up my bundle with hand woven rainbow coloured ribbon.
Slept on the stones in pisaq and as I was resting there, I started to see green around the edges of the mountains.
Saw four locals go past me, and disappear somewhere. Went straight to sleep that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home