Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Wed 8 June - Discovering another Paqo

Wanted to meet with Kathleen Fimmel today - a friend of a friend who I'd gotten in touch with by email, but it seems that I woke up at 3 or 4pm. Walked into Plaza after a bit of Internet, and decided to get a falafel. Found a shoe store, where I might get a pair of shoes from, saw a kid selling a Quechua book, thought I want one! Watched Ocean's 12, got Kathleen on the phone as she was going out the door. Had pizza, went to Internet Cafe. Ended up speaking with the old man who works there (or maybe he owns it too??) Arranged to meet with his Paqo friend (Paqo being the word for a Q'ero medicine man). It seems he also knows of the old ways, and the traditions. Offers me a cactus drink for my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home