Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Wed 15 June - Puma flies to Canada

Wake up early, to find everyone awake, bustling around..

Get ready, and find it's still early in the morning, and Puma's getting ready to go to the airport... End up riding along with the rest of the family to the airport... Seems it's a bit of an occasion, and the sisters, are riding along, as well as an Aunt!

I guess not everyone gets to go in and out of airports like some of us!

At the airport, I realise just how much of a novelty escalators are, as the aunts walk up the stairs, and the kids eagerly go up and down the escalators!

After seeing Puma off, we head back to the car, and everyone piles in again... we then become a bit of a cab, dropping people off on the way to the market, before we reach home.

When we're at the market, talking with Willy, (Puma's cousin I think?), I learn that typically when Willy was working as a builder he was taking home about 500 soles each month.. the equivalent of 100 pounds! Not much to live on.. and his graduation costs about 2,000 or 3,000 soles I think. Till then, he has to wait before he can graduate in being a tour guide.... Shocking I know! Boy do we need to change the planet if ever we needed to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home