Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fri June 24 - Return to Cusco

Fri 24 Jun - I get up early, say good bye to everyone, and end up getting a train to Oyllantaytambo. The lady who had stopped to give me a huge smile turned out to be 'Billie', and as she saw me at the train station, she came over to talk to me, and we just 'connected'! It was wonderful - I switched places with her friend Barbara, and we spoke for the whole journey, never once noticing the time go by. They were also returning to Cusco, and were going to pay for a taxi, so I joined them.

We first went to Inti Ayllu since I'd left a charger there - but it seems I was to miss Susan who had possession of it, locked in her room. So we got back in the cab, and went the distance to Cusco airport, where Barbara and Billie would fly to Puno. We had lunch, after checking them into the airport, and as they returned to the airport, I checked my emails. I met Kathleen on my way out of the Cybercafe, and get her keys to leave my things in her apartment, whilst she went to dinner with a friend. I return her the keys, and go off to try to find Barry who was also returning to Cusco later today. No sign of Barry at his hotel, so I leave a message and return to Kathleen's flat.

No Kathleen either. Just as I'm leaving, the lady frm the flat below, Jane, appears, and she happens to have a spare key for Kathleens place, and lets me in... Waiting in Kathleens flat, Barry calls, and we connect... We arrange to have dinner, and I leave to meet him. It appears that Kathleen returned just a short while after I left, and after a tired evening, since both Barry and I have been waking up early and sleeping late, we have a light supper, and both return to our respective beds. It was pretty late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home