Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sat June 25 - cooking Indian

Morning comes, we head for the bakery for some breakfast, after sorting out some things on the Internet. After a few hours of having one of those 'deep and meaningful' conversations, we head off for our errands, and bump into a friend of Kathleens, who starts telling Kathleen all sorts of Visa things she needs to know... I hang around, and end up asking about my visa, which is when I learn it's best if I leave the country to renew it, and get a 90 day visa on my return. Rosie, Kathleens friend asks if I can cook Indian food, and before I know, I'll be cooking dinner tonight, missing Barry before he leaves for his flight, I end up getting back to the house, and Kathleen goes off to get some supplies... tired, I end up resting till she returns.
After guests start arriving, and dinner is only partially cooked, Rosie lets on that she used to be a chef, and reminds me of the altitude difference, which makes cooking slower. Dinner ends up being a group effort, with the many people that Kathleen invites as all coming, and helping out. After dinner, we chill, and Kathleen shows everyone the pictures of her travels. Once everyone else leaves, Scott is left washing up in the kitchen, and we end up chatting along more spiritual lines... We leave it with Scott to return tomorrow, and provide us both with Reiki, and late into the night, get to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home