Farhan´s Adventures in South America

The time came when I just had to pack a bag, and go.. why, or where exactly I didn´t know, but Lima was as good a place as any to start... and so the adventure began...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

4th - 7th of July - return to Iquitos....

So on the morning of the 4th, we wake up, and decide to get breakfast on the way to the federal office where we can get our visas into Brazil.

Getting lost on the way to the Federal office, we eventually, end up buying some juices, before arriving at Immigrations, where the Austrians gain their entry stamps, and I get my entry and exit at the same time!

On our way back to the hotel we find the place that Sebastian had been looking for for breakfast, and buy some of this fruit that's meant to be a real brazilian specialty. Upon buying it, it doesn't taste quite like anyone expected, and becomes a gift to whoever picked it up off the street!

Buying a coconut, from which we drink the milk out of, we get back to the restaurant where we ate the first day, and have our lunch. Then, back in the hotel, I pack, and take the guys to meet the shop owner who I bought sandals from.

As the rain starts pouring down, I rush back to get my things packed, before too much time passes, and decide I should start heading over to Peru now.

Walking all the way down to the river, I don't see the Austrians anywhere, and loathe to leave without at least saying goodbye, I decide to go back up, and see if I missed them somewhere. They end up coming out of a shop, and seeing me, make their way down to me. I suggest why don't they come over to Peru for a bit, and so we all get the taxi boat together. There, we meet our boat, that is getting ready for it's return journey, and the Austrians end up joining the crew for a game of footie (football/soccer). Watching (since I'm too tired to join in), I think back to how slowly time has passed, and yet how it seems like it's been such a long time knowing all these people, even though it's hardly been a few days. Sebastian, and Joachim, especially have faces that remind me of people that either I know, or they have faces that I might have seen before...

Anyhow, after the football, and few beers with the guys from the ship, the Austrians head back to Brazil, and I set up my hammock in the boat.

By 7-30pm, I'm ready to unpack my things, and head back to Brazil, as the Immigrations lady hasn't arrived and the boat is scheduled to leave at 8pm! Fortunately, she arrives, just as I give up all hope, and I get my entry visa, as well as a bite to eat, before the boat leaves!

The next two days and nights get lost between the books I was reading, and the conversations I had with the crew. I had become a familiar face to many of the crew, and having spent the time to talk with them on the outward journey, they weren't shy and readily came upto me, and started cnversations - felt good - more like family, than a passenger!

As it turns out, I think my spanish might have been misunderstood, or the man collecting money for the tickets felt overly kind towards me, but I ended up travelling back to Iquitos on the same ticket that I had come out on. Saving myself an extra 40 Soles. That more than made up for buying an expensive hammock on the first day!!

Today, 7th of July, at about 12am, in the morning, we docked into Iquitos. Loathe to leave, I decided I'd sleep the night in the boat, like a few others had. In the morning, I made my way into town, with express purpose of getting my Webblog upto scratch, and for some reason I wanted to phone home too...

It turns out that today, in London, some bombs went off bringing fear and some panic to the capital. From what I've been reading... the strongest most constructive response to any violence, of any kind, is to be that much clearer in the light, and in the unconditional love, and to use it to reflect back to anyone that considers harming you the choice of the path of love, or the opportunity to destroy themselves with the amplified return of their own hatred, and fear.

The moment anything is experienced, and held as an emotion, it gains power, and so I stand strongly in this moment, spreading out and reaching out with my vision of a world of peace, love and harmony, holding it more strongly, returning the light ever more brightly, to those that would try to bring anything less than into my thoughts, feelings, or consciousness.

As long as I hold myself clearly I have seen my path out here in Peru unfold so clearly and effortlessly, it's unbelieveable. And in completing this vision, I hold that possibility out to you too dear friend, and brother.

Think of nothing but peace, talk of nothing but love, and see nothing but light, and then all your thoughts, words and visions will be filled with a truth which no-one will be able to deny.

I now leave this weblog, so that I may continue my journey up the river Mazan, into the forest, to meet the woman who is waiting for me.

With her, I shall return, and share my news with you all. Till then, may your prayers be filled with nothing but positive affirmative, constructive thoughts words and deeds, and may you too see the same light of the new dawn shining out brightly from the heart that is aflame within.

In love and light to all that read this... I wish you the highest vision of self that you can see - for you are perfect, and complete, if you only knew...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home